Everest suggestion,help please

Bugzee 13:41 02 Jan 06

i have just run everest out of curiosity and on the suggestion for the chipset it came up with this message
current agp speed is lower than maximum supported,this may cause performance penalty:
The supported agp speeds are 1x 2x 4x 8x
iam currently running on 4x
what can i do up it to the max 8x ?

cheers Bugzee

ade.h 16:15 02 Jan 06

Apart from buying a graphics card whose bus runs at AGP 8x (8 times the speed of the original Advanced Graphics Protocol standard) there is nothing that you can do.

If your card - tell us what model it is and we'll find out for you - is capable of it but is not being run at this setting, then it needs to be adjusted in BIOS.

If you have a CRT monitor, do this when it's warmed up so that you can see what comes up: press Delete right after the PC is switched on, when prompted to do so at the bottom of the very first screen.

Once in BIOS head to Advanced Chipset Features and find AGP Data Transfer Mode. What is it set at?

ade.h 16:17 02 Jan 06

I hope that the above description is correct for your BIOS type; I'm working partly from memory and partly from an old manual as my current board is PCI Express so has no AGP settings.

DieSse 16:32 02 Jan 06

Look at the thread in the Helproom - not this one click here

ade.h 16:45 02 Jan 06

Why are so many forum members in the habit of duplicating their postings these days??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…