Ever heard of... Trojan.download.swizz.. virus??

lixdexik 19:06 11 Oct 03

I have just done a virus scan with Norton AV and it found one infected file called....setup.exe trojan.download.swizz.

When the scan was complete Norton AV was unable to quarantine it..fix it..or delete it.. the path to the file is C:\programe files\C2media\setup.exe. I have followed the path and looked in the C2media folder but there are no files in the folder. so I deleted the folder and am running the scan again.

Does anybody know of this virus? and if it still exists on my comp, how do I get rid of it?.

In two years of surfing, this is the first virus that has been found on my machine.

OS is win98 original not se..and I use internet explorer6, with Norton Internet Security 2003..All my virus definitions are up to date.. the last clean full scan was done on 05.09 03 so this is quite a newbee to me.

All advice welcome...Cheers Lixdexik.

mark e 19:09 11 Oct 03

try the symantec knowledge base. good luck

VoG II 19:13 11 Oct 03
  lixdexik 19:28 11 Oct 03

it seems they have known about this little sucker since May, so it is a bit worrying that it found it's evil way through the NAV now.

The scan I have now done seems to be clear this time. I have also sent it off to Norton just to see what they say.

Thanks Again.

Lixdexik.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…