Event Viewer Security Alert, iin XP How 2 Fix it

Kitz E Kat 08:54 04 Jun 03

Hi . I checked the logs in the Event Viewer in XP Home Edtion. Its not part of a network am connecting to the net via USB ADSL modem, the Msg was,under the security tab,
Failure Audit> Properties>

IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network interfaces on the machine . This can be a potential security hazard to the machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as desired by the IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to further diagnose the problem.
As i say im not on a network i had the computer on a home network but not now, should i be in a cold sweat? I did the usual "go the this page" thing for more info, as usual got none!!
Any Help Thanks,
Kitz E Kat

Kitz E Kat 18:25 04 Jun 03

Ps. i have disabled the NIC card since it was removed from the network

barrie_g 19:21 04 Jun 03

dont stress about it it just means that one of the many services that runs invisibly on XP failed to run first time and gave it a hiccup its nothing to worry about and if you look down the list there will be many instances of Audit failure its perfectly normal

Kitz E Kat 19:26 04 Jun 03

Thanks , i did notice that the same error is listed quite a lot, is it to do with the fact the the computer was networked or what??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…