Event viewer

surfmonkey #:@}© 03:01 18 May 06

right here goes after some unexpected bsod i had a look in the event viewer to see if i could work out what was causing the trouble anyway after a bit of snooping around i did notice in the security bit of the event viewer that there is acouple of account logons to someone named RASMAN who the hell is this as i have no account for a RASMAN. this is very worying to me to think someone is login on to my pc from somewere else could it be

smokingbeagle 04:47 18 May 06

click here

for an explanation.
This is not a recommendation of the software that the site seems to be flogging.

surfmonkey #:@}© 15:48 18 May 06

rasman.exe is a Windows service which is used to dial phone numbers from the phone book. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.
if this is a fact from the site does it only use the modem (56) and not BB wich i have, the 56k modem is not pluged in to the phone line only BB.
ps what phone book?

Stuartli 16:13 18 May 06

If you configure Remote Access Service Manager (i.e. rasman.exe) as Manual in Windows Services (Start>Run>Services.msc>OK), it will/should only be used when required.

surfmonkey #:@}© 16:27 18 May 06

thanks stuarti done that now i know also is you set it to disable it aslo treminates your internet connection oops thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…