EVENT VIEWER

tonyx1302 15:37 20 Mar 04

I have just run Event viewer (Con/Panel/Admin Tools/Event Viewer and have found I have loads of 'errors' and 'warnings' in Applications and System. How do I clear these please and also I would like to dump Windows firewall. How do I do this and can someone recommend a free firewall to replace it.
I am on XP with McAf V/S + Adwa + SpyB.

Many thanks for any help.

temp003 15:45 20 Mar 04

To clear the log, right click the log in question and select Clear All Events. When asked whether to save log, make your choice (usually no need to save log).

XP firewall, just disable it.

temp003 15:47 20 Mar 04

Sorry, to disable XP firewall click here

Free firewall, most popular probably ZoneAlarm. Can also try Sygate.

tonyx1302 15:57 20 Mar 04

Hi temp003. Thanks for coming back so quickly. Do I clear all the events in Appl and System and have taken your advice re. firewall.

Thanks again

temp003 00:15 21 Mar 04

Sorry, wasn't around to answer your question. Application or System log to clear - it's up to you. Either can be cleared without any consequence.

Good idea to clear them when you remember, ubt even if you don't, there's no need to worry about these logs getting too big. They have a max size and when that is reached, old events will be overwritten. Right click a log, select Properties, and you'll see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…