//some 3rd party need geo

even getting a picture

mr gee 09:48 26 Feb 03

When the computer is running ,after a few seconds the monitor just goes into standby mode, if the monitor is just plugged in on its own and not connected to the computer it seems to work fine.
I have swapped video card and still monitor goes into standby, I tried my old spare monitor --same result I dont know what else to try, anybody help please with advice.

G

MAJ 09:50 26 Feb 03

Check your Power Settings in Control Panel, you might have it set to turn off the monitor after a few minutes.

mr gee 09:54 26 Feb 03

first thing i checked! as soon as the computer boots up the monitor goes off.

Stalker 10:00 26 Feb 03

Do you actually get anything on the screen ?

Try it in the bios ( as soon as the computer turns on tap the "DELETE" key this should take you in the bios) If the problem doesnt occur there then it might be something to do with your operating system installtion.

Does it go off whilst the computer is still loading or when its fully loaded?

Stalker

MAJ 10:01 26 Feb 03

Is your monitor powered through the Power Supply Unit of your computer? If so it might be a power supply problem, mr gee.

mr gee 10:07 26 Feb 03

i cant get into bios (or anywhere else cause i,ve no picture, as soon as the computer boots up the monitor goes off. The monitor is mains powered

Stalker 10:11 26 Feb 03

is your computer making any beeps ?

Sounds like it might not be posting!

Stalker

mr gee 10:20 26 Feb 03

no windows loads correctly!

Stalker 10:22 26 Feb 03

how do you know windows loads correctly ?

Stalker

MAJ 10:23 26 Feb 03

Is your monitor powered through the Power Supply Unit of your computer? If so it might be a power supply problem, or a faulty cable, mr gee.

MAJ 15:37 26 Feb 03

What happened, mr gee, did you get it fixed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…