EULAlyzer

Nellie2 20:17 18 Sep 05

Javacool... developer of programs like SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, MRU Blaster and others has come up with another brilliant program that is free for personal use!

Quote:

End user license agreements (EULAs) are the bane of most computer users.
No one wants to read through pages and pages of boring text before installing a program. And many programs put their license agreements in small windows that require lots of scrolling. So many people either skim them or skip reading them altogether.

But it can be dangerous not to read license agreements.

License agreements can provide information about the intentions of software, and other bundled components. Have you ever installed a program, only to have your desktop taken over by advertising? It may have been noted in the license agreement that you simply clicked past. If you aren't reading the license agreements, you have no idea what you could be agreeing to.

EULAlyzer can analyze license agreements in seconds, and provide a detailed listing of potentially interesting words and phrases. Discover if the software you're about to install displays pop-up ads, transmits personally identifiable information, uses unique identifiers to track you, or much much more.

click here for more info and download link

stalion 20:20 18 Sep 05

nice one thanks

GaT7 20:25 18 Sep 05

I like that one - thanks Nellie2 : ) I never read EULAs, so anything that helps me with that is very welcome. G

Diemmess 20:27 18 Sep 05

Thanks repeated for helping rid my awful g/children of infestation in the past. They are still OK (or haven't confessed!)

This link looks another good way to avoid, rather than deal with nuisances

stalion 22:42 18 Sep 05

bump

jan-boy 10:54 19 Sep 05

Thanks nellie, nice program. :-)

Chegs ® 14:46 19 Sep 05

Boing

stalion 21:55 20 Sep 05

bump

bretsky 23:41 20 Sep 05

Installed, many thanx.

stalion 18:41 21 Sep 05

bump for those who have missed this

Taw® 18:55 21 Sep 05

Nice one Nellie2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant