eTomi pro program has no shared files

masterchief117 22:16 05 Jul 05

ok here it goes, i just done a fresh install of xp pro as my pc was a damn mess. ive got everything going again except eTomi pro. i installed it again from the download site and its gone on fine. its when it starts up i get troubles, it shows its turbocharged but it shows its not sharing with anyone. before it shared with about 4500 or more, so what is wrong? i payed for 2yrs membership which was about 99p a month for as much downloading as i wanted but i cant remember what site i did that on and dont know where to look. And to be honest i dont remember what email address i used or anything like that. Is there a setting that i must change or something?
Any help would be great as i used it all the time and ive only had it for about 3 months so i got a lot of time left to use before having to sign up again

De Marcus 22:20 05 Jul 05

cut your losses

dogbreath1 22:46 05 Jul 05

...you are being charged for the privelege of making (potentially) illegal downloads. I cannot, of course, condone illegal downloading. But if your going to do it, why pay for it!! If you look at the foot of their home page, click here ,you will see 'links' to various reputable p2p applications (e.g. LIMEWIRE). Click on each in turn...and where does it take you?! Yup, to the eTomi subscription page. If you want to know more about the legal issues behind p2p click here Hope this helps. Regards, db.

masterchief117 23:00 05 Jul 05

hows it illegal? i thought i paid too have the privlage of downloading? thats messed up. im really lost now

De Marcus 23:35 05 Jul 05

Just because you pay for something doesn't make it legal, etomi is no different to buying a pirated cd/dvd from your local flea market or car boot sale.

Read the threads in dogbreaths second link and educate yourself on the possible consequences.

If you want to stay within the law there are plenty of legal download sites/programs you can use.

dogbreath1 15:20 06 Jul 05

The following proviso is situated in the small print at the foot of the eTomi home page..."The purchase of a membership, however, is not a license to upload or download copyrighted material. We urge you to respect copyright and share responsibly."
Put it down to experience and leave eTomi well alone. There are dozens of similar programs which are free and permit you to share files with others. Some contain spyware, a few are relatively clean and Limewire is spyware free! click here However, the one thing they all have in common is that it remains an offence to upload/download copyright material without the consent of the copyright owner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…