Is Etomi P2P service safe to use?

Simon55 12:15 22 Jan 05

I have loaded Etomi P2P service and would like confirmation that it is a safe thing to do. I have paid a subscription fee, but wonder whether I should continue with it. Any feedback from existing users would be welcomed.

Kate B 12:25 22 Jan 05

As a general rule, you should make sure after you install any kind of p2p app that you do a full scan with up to date antiscumware such as a-squared, ad aware, spybot etc - they should between them sniff out any nasties that have snuck in alongside the software.

if you're careful there shouldn't be any problems but you are compromising your pc's security: that risk is up to you. Having said that, I've p2p apps (thought not etomi) with no problems.

Simon55 12:36 22 Jan 05

Thanks for this. I have run adaware after Etomi was installed, and removed the spyware. My concern though is does it bring any Trojans or similar that adaware would miss. Also does ongoing use of Etomi bring more spies?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…