Ethernet RJ45 to USB connector

davbea 22:12 03 Nov 05

I,m setting up a network to share internet connection. My modem has a USB connection but my router requires a Ethernet RJ45 connector. Does anyone know if I can get an adaptor cable with female USB connection and male Ethernet connection. There are plenty which are the other way round.

mgmcc 23:56 03 Nov 05

You appear to have bought a "stand-alone" router suitable for connecting by ethernet to a Cable Broadband Modem (NTL and Telewest). As suggested, for ADSL broadband you need a *combined* Router/ADSL Modem - a USB modem cannot be used with a router.

mickfool 22:26 07 Dec 07

I've looked into this because I have the same problem. The adapters are available from here.

click here

But the problem is there is then no power to the usb modem unless it has a seperate power supply. I reckon I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a combined modem/router

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…