Ethernet problem

AlexPB 16:46 05 Mar 08

Hi,

We have an Orange Livebox wireless router at home which works fine. The other day i connected my laptop up to it via one of the ethernet ports on the side of the box. The laptop connected straight away and I was able to use the internet. A few minutes after this the connection cut out and on the taskbar at the bottom of the scren the message appeared 'a network cable has been unplugged'. Now the cable had not been unplugged, even so i reconnected the cable and still nothing.

Could somebody please help....

Thank you

rossgolf 17:20 05 Mar 08

broken ethernet port on laptop?
can it connect wirelessly?

AlexPB 17:28 05 Mar 08

If you mean the laptop, i use a USB wirelss adapter to connect wirelessly to the Livebox which works fine. This is the only problem

Thanks

rossgolf 17:31 05 Mar 08

can you try and see if its the cable by using a different one?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:36 05 Mar 08

Device manage - highlight the ethernet adaptor - rght click - properties - power management tab - untick "allow the computer to switch off..."

ambra4 17:52 05 Mar 08

Just check you Lan card and network setting is correct on the laptop

click here

AlexPB 18:12 05 Mar 08

Hi,

Thanks for the many replies.

Surely if there was a problem with the lan card it wouldnt have let me connect in the first place, or would it?

Thanks

AlexPB 18:24 05 Mar 08

Thanks fr all the help, i have unticked the box to turn power off under device manager.

Once again many thanks for all the support.

Alex

ambra4 01:19 06 Mar 08

"Surely if there was a problem with the lan card it wouldn't have let me connect in the first place, or would it?"

It would allow connection but would keep dropping the connection

ambra4 14:35 06 Mar 08

This problem already solved check the following posting all the same just difference heading

click here

click here

Close this posting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5