Ethernet Port

The Brown Rock 01:08 12 Jun 09

My PC is a Dell Inspiron 530. I received my broadband modem in the post with instructions for installation. I was unable to find the Ethernet Port on the computer. It was suggested to me that it might not exist if the computer was "wireless enabled." As the broadband service is still some days away can I be sure of availing of it when it comes on stream: have I wireless?
The Brown Rock
PS I have checked with the "Dell" helpline on line but could not put the question above!

Belatucadrus 02:09 12 Jun 09

According to the Dell spec page click here it comes with "Network: Integrated 10/100 network interface" so the ethernet port should be there. It should look like this click here .
There is mention of wireless capability but it's an optional extra, so unless you specified it, it's unlikely to have it.

julius44 04:45 12 Jun 09

hello there, as the people said, no matter what there MUST be some ethernet port somewhere on that dell model, as even though the desktop may be wireless enabled it must still have an ethernet pot for it to be wired as well...that model def has an ethernet port.

julius44 04:49 12 Jun 09

Your ethernet port should be at the back of the desktop, where the jacks for the microphone are!!!

Sea Urchin 14:19 12 Jun 09

Scroll down to Back Panel Connectors and it shows you the Ethernet connection (Network Adapter Connector)

click here

The Brown Rock 23:58 12 Jun 09

My thanks to all, in particular "Sea Urchin" for the diagram of the 'back panel' which gave me the location of the ethernet port, for in my case and with poor eyesight it was hidden behind four jacks as indicated by "julius44"
Thanks again and with kindest regards to all for a successful outcome to my problem.
The Brown Rock

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos