Ethernet & other driver for Medion PC MT5

Shortstop 19:48 20 Feb 09

Hi,

I have just reinstalled Windows XP on my son’s old PC as it was very slow & kept restarting but all scans showed no infection so I assume that this is because of my son constantly installing & deleting software. Also, this PC hasn’t had a spring clean for over 4 years, so it was due anyhow!

I have 2 hardware issues that I am having trouble resolving: Ethernet Controller & PCI Simple Communications Driver both have exclamation marks. I have tried sourcing drivers on the internet without success using my PC & because of the age of the PC, the original disks have long gone so no chance of getting the drivers from there. I think that if I can sort out the Ethernet issue then his PC can connect to the net to find the best drivers [?]

Can you help?

TIA

Paul

MAJ 19:53 20 Feb 09

What's the make and model of the ethernet card? If all else fails, you could buy a new ethernet card for about a fiver and install it in a spare PCI slot.

medion
click here
Serial number required if i recall correctly.

Shortstop 20:24 20 Feb 09

Hi Maj - according to Drivers.guide.com it is a Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem - but I cannot get this download. Maybe a replacement ethernet card is the way to go?

Hi *Raven* - tried that already but inputting the serial number only shows Busmaster & videocard drivers?

Regards,

Paul

Stuartli 20:31 20 Feb 09

An Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem will be a dial-up 56k (V92?) modem.

Shortstop 20:35 20 Feb 09

Namely, why this is not repairing the broadband connection :o)

I'll take the side of the case of and have a look on the card ....

strange,Ive the MT6 and when i enter the s/n ive got 20 downloads to choose from.
From this thread click here
Ive entered the s/n mentioned and theres half a dozen downloads,sis network driver looks most promising.

Shortstop 21:35 20 Feb 09

Hi,

[Only] after rereading Maj's posting I realised that it is actually a stand-alone PCI card. Removed it and it is made by q-tec and labelled 590N.

Drivers downloaded & PC working well!

Thanks to everyone.

Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…