ethernet or usb

nyx2k 21:30 05 Jul 03

ive just got broadband from ntl and ive got it plugged into my usb port but some one told me today that it would be faster through my ethernet card. is this true and if so do i have to uninstall lots of stuff and start again..

hugh-265156 21:32 05 Jul 03

it will free up some system resourses if you use ethernet but you wont see any speed increase.

you will however have a free usb port to play with.

hugh-265156 21:34 05 Jul 03

as you have already registered then you can remove all ntls software,you dont need it.CC is a nusiance.

Andybear 21:35 05 Jul 03

I have my NTL broadband connected into a USB port and one of my friends has hers connected through her ethernet card. She's been on mine and can't see any difference in speed.

Andybear 21:39 05 Jul 03

CorrectConnect isn't necessarily a bad thing. I recently messed up my settings (don't ask me how) and the 'snapshot' function got them back to what they should be - a sort of 'system restore'.

nyx2k 21:45 05 Jul 03

thanks for the help. i may keep it as it is then cos ive got loads of memory and cpu resources left

chrisinireland 02:57 01 Jan 04

can n e 1 actually tell me how to set up my ethernet card for ntl as i have tried today and im havin problems connection and the disc s not recognising my ethernet (built in 2 an nforce 2)

But i done know much but have you got a router or modem for your NTL?

Because it sounds like you have a modem. That means that (I may be wrong) you can just change over unless you have a router.

howard60 09:08 01 Jan 04

I have ntl 600k their usb attachement was faulty and I had to use a network card to get on. To get ethernet ntl you have to uninstall the software and run the disk again this time selecting ethernet not usb and it should then be straight forward.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…