Ethernet Issue

ah1802 17:59 19 Feb 08

Hey i own a Netgear DG834N I currently have 3 laptops connected to it wireless and one desktop connected wireless, I have a computer on the top floor of my house which I want to connect to the router via Ethernet, I have bought a Straight through Ethernet cable and have connected it up to the router and to the computer. But when i look on the computer it says no network cable connected i have even tried plugging it in to the back of my laptop and still the same result so i know it isn’t the computer. The cable is brand new bought from Maplins, is there a setting i need to activate on the router to enable the Ethernet networking??
Thanking you
Adam Huxtable

brundle 19:08 19 Feb 08

Tried other ports on your router in case the pins are damaged? Tried other cables with the non-working port?

dms05 19:19 19 Feb 08

The router ports will be active. Try them all. The problem may be the LAN adaptor in the computers - are they enabled? Check in Netwrok Connections. If they are enabled it seems the LAN cable may be faulty. The best check is to swap yours onto a system you know to be working, or take a cable that's known to be OK and try that between your router and PC.

ambra4 20:07 19 Feb 08

You have to set up the lan card and the network system

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…