Ethernet Internet connection

scouser 08:51 22 Feb 03

I have two PC's connected via Ethernet cards which work fine. However I understand that it is possible to also use the same Internet connection and this is something I have never managed to do. My Internet connection is on my older machine, which runs on Windows ME {BT Anytime} and the newer Machine runs Windows XP. The second one also has a Modem and a seperate connection. However how do I get BT Anytime onto the second machine? If any one can explain the procedure in simple language, as I am an OAP, I should be very grateful. Thanks

Forum Editor 09:08 22 Feb 03

to set up the connection sharing with the WinXP machine being the 'host'. In WinXP there's a wizard that creates a floppy disk which you can use on the ME machine to set the sharing up automatically.

All you need to do is set up a dial up connection to BT on your WinXP machine. To do this, go to start and click on 'Connect to' and 'show all connections'.

Now click on 'create new connection' under Network tasks in the left-hand pane. Follow the wizard to create the connection. All you need to know is the dial-up number, and your username and password for BT AnyTime. WinXP will automatically offer you the default modem as the one to use, and all you need to do is connect the modem to the phone line.

Once you've done all that you can run the connection sharing wizard in WinXP, and to save space here I'll advise you to click on Start and select 'Help and support'. Then type: Internet conection sharing into the search box. You'll see all the information you need, and if you get stuck you know where to come for help.

jazzypop 11:16 22 Feb 03

Try click here (follow the ICS links) and click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…