Ethernet hub to share broadband

Redlegends 20:37 16 Nov 06

I have a computer connected to NTL Broadband and via an ethernet 4-port hub and then another ethernet cable going from the hub to the other computer.

When i check the second computer, it says it as limited or no connectivity. The main computer is fine and the internet works.

Any help?

Ex plorer 21:24 16 Nov 06

Hi trying to think back when i connected up 4 PCs, as far as i can rember i had to copy files from the first Pc onto a floppy disc, and load them onto the next PC and so on.
click here

Redlegends 21:45 16 Nov 06

but on the 2nd computer to share the broadband it as limited connectivity.

I ran the set up a smal network from the XP disc on both computeres but can't figure out the limited connectivity.

Vangeliska 21:49 16 Nov 06

Try right clicking on the icon in the Sys Tray, it should give the option to repair, might work.

Redlegends 21:54 16 Nov 06

but it's no good. I have also tried to release and renew it from a cmd prompt

Ex plorer 22:56 16 Nov 06

Is the networking on board, or card ok, any chance of swapping cards around, or cables just to test.

terryf 23:03 16 Nov 06

Is your set-up modem to telephone socket, hub to modem, 2 PC's to hub? I shave router instead of hub and I set up on one computer and it made a floppy which I then put into the other computer, I don't remember the exact details but try click on desktop and press F1 and search for the answer.

terryf 23:04 16 Nov 06

Sorry, fingers not following brain, shave should be have

Strawballs 23:08 16 Nov 06

What operating systems are the 2 machines running

Ex plorer 23:37 16 Nov 06

This may be of intrest
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos