Ethernet Divice problem

Hetti 13:31 24 Oct 10

I just did a reinsall of win Vista but cannot access the internet after it.Problem with Realtek network adaptor (Ithnk ),Device manager says correct drivers are installed and it is enabled, but there is a yellow exclaimation mark beside it.WHEN go to propeties It Says "THIS DEVICE CANNOT START. (CODE 10)

Im a novice and at a loss here, advice please.

Nontek 13:54 24 Oct 10

In Device Manager, right-click on the icon with the yellow ! beside it, then click on Update Driver.

Hetti 14:12 24 Oct 10

When I do that it says the driver is up tp date.

Hetti 14:37 24 Oct 10

Update

I downloaded driver for network adaptor but made no difference.
When I click thr IE icon to try to go online a message appears saying.
The network adaptor "Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)" is experiencing driver or hardware related issues.

Any Ideas?

Nontek 14:47 24 Oct 10

You could try uninstalling the adapter and software, then re-install it all. This might fix it, 'cos the problem is almost certainly hardware or driver related.

Hetti 15:17 24 Oct 10

Thanks Nontek

I did that but no joy.....

Nontek 15:39 24 Oct 10

Have you got a different cable which you could try on it, might be a dodgy cable, or poor connection somewhere.

Nontek 15:44 24 Oct 10

Re Cable, I am thinking of course about the router, assuming the network adapter is connecting via one to the internet.

ACOLYTE 15:48 24 Oct 10

Usually the ethernet drivers are installed from the motherboard driver disk,thats if its an onboard version,if it is try installing the drivers from the motherboard disk.

Hetti 18:18 25 Oct 10

Thanks all
I have had to send it to my local repair shop, Im not at all techie and would still be trying to get it sorted at Christmas lol

Nontek 18:33 25 Oct 10

Well, thanks for your feedback anyway - Good Luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…