Ethernet Controller Drivers

triflesterms 18:00 10 Jul 09

hi

I have just reformatted my friends PC and need the ethernet controller drivers so i can connect to the internet, the PC has an ASUS motherboard ASUS, i've searched on their support site for the drivers but couldnt find them.

I even tried to install driver detective, though windows was unable to open the package for some reason.

Hope someone can help?

Thanks

birdface 18:02 10 Jul 09

If connected by Ethernet just switch the modem off for 10 seconds and back on again and see if that helps.Driver Max is a free.

T0SH 18:12 10 Jul 09

If the network interface card is onboard then downloading and install the chipset drivers for that ASUS motherboard should fix it for you

If it is a PCI card type you will have to dig a bit deeper into the driver quagmire

It may be cheaper either way to buy another NIC card

Cheers HC

Eric10 20:32 10 Jul 09

If the Ethernet adapter is on the motherboard then go to click here. Choose 'Motherboard' as the Product; choose the CPU socket type of the motherboard under 'Select Product'; choose the model of the motherboard under 'Select Model'. Click Search then choose your operating system. Click Search again and the LAN driver should be listed.

If you are still in trouble then tell us the full model number of your ASUS board. If you don't know it then use SIW Standalone from click here or Belarc Advisor click here to find out. We will also need to know the OS you require the driver for.

woodchip 20:35 10 Jul 09

Go to Device Manager Click on Networking you should have a yellow icon, click update drivers allow windows to check the net for drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac