Ethernet controller driver installation

Eileanbeag 03 Jul 11

I have Inspiron 530 Desktop running Vista. It became very unstable and I returned to Factory Settings. At one point it asked for drivers so I inserted drivers CD that came with computer. It could not find drivers on this so I decided to carry on and installed drivers from Dell drivers backup on my external harddrive. All went well with the exception of Eternet controller driver which just would not install. I downloaded what I hoped was the correct driver from the Dell website but this would not install and asked that sharing be turned on. I attempted to do this but although I clicked yes the sharing reverted back to no when I clicked apply. Any help would be much appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 03 Jul 11

USe SIW to find out exactly which network equipment you have installed then down load the correct driver from Dell

Eileanbeag 03 Jul 11

Have now tried that but cannot find ethernet controller listed. I have found modem but it that different?

Eileanbeag 03 Jul 11

Got it thanks - now up and running

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message