Ethernet controller driver installation

Eileanbeag 13:41 PM 03 Jul 11

I have Inspiron 530 Desktop running Vista. It became very unstable and I returned to Factory Settings. At one point it asked for drivers so I inserted drivers CD that came with computer. It could not find drivers on this so I decided to carry on and installed drivers from Dell drivers backup on my external harddrive. All went well with the exception of Eternet controller driver which just would not install. I downloaded what I hoped was the correct driver from the Dell website but this would not install and asked that sharing be turned on. I attempted to do this but although I clicked yes the sharing reverted back to no when I clicked apply. Any help would be much appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:59 PM 03 Jul 11

USe SIW to find out exactly which network equipment you have installed then down load the correct driver from Dell

Eileanbeag 14:26 PM 03 Jul 11

Have now tried that but cannot find ethernet controller listed. I have found modem but it that different?

Eileanbeag 14:48 PM 03 Jul 11

Got it thanks - now up and running

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay