//some 3rd party need geo

Ethernet Controller Driver?

soy 23:23 07 May 03

HI,

I've been having problems setting up my home network after a complete reinstallation of my PC.

I looked in Device manager and noticed that a device in 'Other Devices' called 'Ethernet Controller' has a Question mark against it.

Can someone tell me whether what this is and where I can find a driver for it.

I'm assuming it is a key part for setting up a network as its called 'Ethernet'.

My motherboard has the on-board network adpater so it isn't a PCI network card that I use for the network.

In the 'Network Adapters section' I have a device called '1394 Net adpater' I had always assumed this was the network card. Anyone comfirm this?

eccomputers 00:03 08 May 03

sounds to me like the 1394 net adaptor could be the motherboard one. When you bought the network adaptor, the PCI one, did it not come with a driver disk?

Have a look at the card and tell us what is written on it, e.g. sis or d-link or 3com etc then there will be a model number

soy 00:13 08 May 03

Thanks for your help, The network adpater is on-board. When you mentioned motherboard and drivers, I thought about my motherboard CD, and Voila! There was a LAN driver I hadn't installed.

I installed it and everythings ok,

Thanks for your help,

JOhn T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…