Ethernet controller

Sapins 21:26 02 Dec 04

This device has a Yellow ! next to it in Device manager. What is it and can I delete it. I have tried reinstalling the driver but Windows cannot find the driver.

Ive 21:32 02 Dec 04

Firstly do you use Dialup internet or broadband.

Sapins 21:43 02 Dec 04

Hi Ive,

I use Broadband with a USB modem.

Ive 21:53 02 Dec 04

Then you will probably find that your machine also conntains an ethernet card which is another means of connecting your broadband modem (via a different type of lead) slightly faster. Mine is also marked in device manager because I only use the USB connection.Go to start/settings/control panel and double click Network connections and you should see 2 local area connections. One is the one you are using and the other would be the ethernet connection if you was using the different lead.Let me know.

Sapins 22:04 02 Dec 04

Yes there were two local area connections, you are right in what you say, the first one is for the modem. I can't change the lead so it would mean a new modem which I'm not going to get.

I tried repairing it but couldn't so I have uninstalled it from Device Manager, that seems to have done the trick, I hope:-(

Thanks for your help Ive and ßéLâ, much appreciated.

Regards,

Sapins.

Ive 22:07 02 Dec 04

If it is installed in your machine then when you restart your pc will say found new hardware Etc.If it does just leave it alone in device manager.

Sapins 22:08 02 Dec 04

Sorry ßéLâ, didn't answer your question, it must be on board as I can see a LAN port from the motherboard.

Sapins 22:10 02 Dec 04

Thanks again for the help.

Sapins 16:44 03 Dec 04

It has said found new hardware and I have done as you said and left it alone.

Regards,

Sapins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…