//some 3rd party need geo

Ethernet connection to wireless router half speed

Yedi 00:29 06 Nov 04

I have a BT Voyager 2100 wireless router connected to a 1Mbps broadband service. The laptop connected wirelessly to this service hums along at 944Kbpsl, but the desktop PC hardwired to the router via a 10/100 Ethernet card manages between 360 and 450 Kbps. Any suggestions where I should look for the cause of this discrepancy - which should be the other way round. Neither BT nor the ISP has any useful suggestions.

Lozzy 07:26 06 Nov 04

Check for spyware..

Yedi 16:13 11 Nov 04

I have run both Spybot and Ad-aware without finding anything untoward. Norton Anti-Virus does not report anything neither does ZoneAlarm.
I have tested my wife's laptop hardwired into the router and achieved the same speed as it manages wirelessly, viz. around 960 Kbps, but my box continues to hump along at 3-400 Kbps.
I have run my PC through Norton System Works without any significant failures highlighted.

Any other ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…