ethernet connected to wireless network

craigy1 18:43 22 Feb 06

i have got a [email protected] G-Gateway which plugs into the back of desktop pc through the ethernet socket. i also have a laptop that has a wireless card built in it.

i have set it up so i can run BB on my laptop through the gateway and also my desktop can access BB because of the ethernet cable. My desktop doesnt have wireless card.

I wanted to know if i can get the two pc's to see each other on a network, this is so if my laptop is being used in another room they can see what i am doing on my pc and vice versa and i could also swap files between the two of them.

I have tried to set up a network using the XP wizzard but it says that a network cable is disconnected from my laptop so it wont connect to my pc, this messages happens when i put the network wizard disk in my laptop. the disk is created through my desktop pc. i know that it is disconnected cos i want to use the gateway to talk to my pc through the wireless gateway rather than connect through the ehternet cable.

i know that if i connected the two pc's together through ethernet then i could see the other pc but i wanted to do it without a lot of cables ie wireless.

can anyone help please?

mgmcc 19:42 22 Feb 06

Duplicate posting in click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…