Ethernet card?

allanon 11:25 28 Dec 08

I have an old computer 1.8ghz chip which has the ME operating system. It is approx 6 yrs old and only had dial up access to the internet. I am now thinking of setting this up for my daughter for use of the internet in her room. I now have broadband and a wireless network. I have been given a pair of homeplugs by a friend and I was merely going to use this for access. However the computer does not have the relevant connection ,only dial up. Am I right in thinking that I need an ethernet card?. I assume that this is just like fitting a new graphics card?, are there any differences ?

howard64 11:33 28 Dec 08

rj45 network interface cards are about £10 and simply sit in a pci slot as you say just like a graphics card. It should come with a driver but your biggest problem will probably be the driver for ME. If buying from a shop ask them for one that works with ME and guarantee a replacement if it does not.

allanon 15:20 28 Dec 08

Thanks howard64

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…