Ethernet Card

wingfield 18:59 22 Aug 04

Is there any way I can test the enthernet card to check it is working ok. My network says that a cable is unplugged, when in fact it isn't It may be the Card has gone duff. I want to check things out before I go buying new stuff.
Cheers

VoG II 19:04 22 Aug 04

Check in Device Manager click here - about halfway down the page.

billyliv 20:10 22 Aug 04

Hi, There should be a green light on the card when everything is connected ok. Cheers, Bill

wingfield 22:41 22 Aug 04

No green lights - can I take it the Card is duff??

Strawballs 23:53 22 Aug 04

No light proberly dead new card under £10 at even the most expensive place

billyliv 13:27 23 Aug 04

Hi, Possible causes. Card not seated properly, Faulty cable, Loose plug connections, and as you suspect, a faulty Card. Cheers, Bill
PS. One of my ethernet plugs keeps working,its way loose on my router.

jonnytub 13:29 23 Aug 04

are you using the correct cable, i.e straight or crossover?

wingfield 21:41 23 Aug 04

Have now installed new card and drivers. No conflicts - but still no green light and no Internet connection. Could it be spyware buggering it up or something wrong with the motherboard? I used the same slot for the new card, should I use a different one? - I have a couple spare. I can't see why it would be the cable as I haven't touched it. The system just stopped working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…