Ethernet cable

charlton200 21:42 25 Apr 08

I am thinking of joining Talk talk broadband and phone.
My friend has it and he has to connect the modem using the Ethernet cable. The trouble with this for me is that my wife uses that cable to connect her xbox360 to the computer, how would i get around this. or would I have to go wireless modem route.

Thanks

wis 22:04 25 Apr 08

is there a usb port

FatboySlim71 22:17 25 Apr 08

If you get a modem/router most if not all of these have 2-4 Ethernet ports. So all that you would need to do is to connect the XBox 360 to one of the ports on the back of the modem/router and the Ethernet cable from your PC into the other.

I wouldn't advise a USB modem as most (possible all) USB modems are not capable of providing the highest speeds of broadband. Also connecting a modem/router via a Ethernet cable gives arguable the reliablest connection.

Below is a link to the advantages/disadvantages of various kinds of Modem.

click here

wis 22:43 25 Apr 08

fatboyslim
the reason i quoted usb,is in my case useing
bt voyager 220v you only have one ethernet one
usb

Diversion 00:16 26 Apr 08

Once you activate your wireless router providing you have a wireless receiver like a PCI Netgear receiver or a USB receiver, it tells you to unplug the Red Ethernet cable in the wireless setup on TalkTalk because that's what I'm on. So the Ethernet port is left free to use the Xbox 360 on. I hope this helps.

retep888 02:01 26 Apr 08

If you don't want to go wireless,then get one of these click here and buy another 2 lengthes of ethernet cable if one doesn't come with Talktalk's wired modem.
Use it to link up the wired modem and plug the other end into usually no.1 port,plug the second cable into no.2 port and to the back of your pc's ethernet port.
Finally another cable for the xbox 360 and into no.3 port, if the modem's on all the time, all devices can go online simultaneously.

charlton200 10:17 26 Apr 08

Thanks for all your points

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…