Ethernet ADSL modem

Pumas 23:47 15 Sep 03

I have recently bought a Netgear MR314 router. I made sure that it worked with ADSL but failed to realise that I needed a modem with an Ethernet output.

I searched to see if there was a converter to convert my USB output of my modem to an Ethernet output but it seems that they don?t exist. (Is this right?)

So could someone recommend a cheap ADSL modem with Ethernet output so that I can get my router up and running?

Thanks

Pumas

Pumas 18:15 17 Sep 03

anyone?

AubreyS 18:28 17 Sep 03

Hi Pumas.
I have just bought the D-Link DSL-300G modem. I bought it on recommendation from a friend. It seems to work very well. I bought it from Simply Computers. (click here) I did a search and they seemed to be about the cheapest. Good luck.

Pumas 22:37 17 Sep 03

This was a model that I was looking at so I was pleased to hear it being recommended.

I have now bought it from Simply as they do seem the cheapest.

Thanks Again

Pumas

AubreyS 18:59 18 Sep 03

Pumas. I think you will be happy with it. Its working well for me and I have no problem with it. Good luck. A.

Pumas 16:25 19 Sep 03

It arrived today and I am happy with it.

The only problem was getting it to work with my router but that was just a problem with the ISP settings.

Pumas

Boluwd 17:15 19 Sep 03

I am interested in your recent postings regarding the router/ADSL setup. I am currently using the Alcatel Speedtoch 330 USB modem with my Virgin Broadband connection on my old Win98 PC. I will soon be getting a new PC which uses the latest Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo with 10/100 LAN (it will be equipped with a v92 56kbps internal modem). What will I require to set up a network where the old Win 98 PC will be moved to a room directly above where it now resides (the new PC will then replace it in the downstairs room). I am hoping to use a wireless connection rather than a "cable thru the floor" job. The old Win 98 pc only has a 56kbps internal modem apart from the Alcatel USB which it now uses for ADSL broadband connection.
Sorry to hijack this but you seem to have done what I hope to achieve shortly!

AubreyS 18:30 19 Sep 03

Hi Pumas.
I'm glad all is ok. I take it that you did get it to work ok? It isn't the easiest thing to set up. I wouldn't have been able to do it on my own. My friend set it up for me. Good luck with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…