Ethernet

loopyloo 17:39 04 Oct 04

I am using ntl broadband which usually is connected via ethernet adaptor. I have had to reset my computer to the factory settings when it was delivered because I have had problems. Unfortunately my computer keeps asking for the updates of "SIS 900 PC1 fast ethernet adaptor. In the past when I have redone my computer I have had no problems putting back on NTL. But not today. I have connected via a usb but would like to go back to using ethernet as I have to keep disconnecting the usb for the internet when I have to put in something else to use the usb port. Is there a driver update or something.

wallbash 17:51 04 Oct 04

When you *first* installed the NTL BB you were asked how you were going to connect. Ethernet or USB. If until now you reconnected via Ehernet you had no problems, but now changing to USB I think you will need your white ntl home broadband installer disc!

wallbash 17:53 04 Oct 04

Sorry Swop Usb for ethernet, idea is still correct

loopyloo 18:00 04 Oct 04

When Windows starts up it says it has found new hardware Ethernet sis 900 pc1 and when I ask for Windows to search for it, it can't find it anywhere. So to just get on the internet until I can sort out this problem I had to use the USB as advised by NTL. I did put in the disc I got with NTL when trying to set but it came up with canot find ethernet sis 900PC1 driver.

slimbo51 19:11 04 Oct 04

If the Ethernet is on the M/Board sounds like it needs the driver disc which came with it.

If its a free standing card look for a driver on the Net.

My M/Board has a onboard Ethernet and wont work till I put the driver disc in either. I'm on NTL B/B same as you.

loopyloo 15:34 05 Oct 04

Slimbo51
Thank you for your advice, I didn't get any disks with my computer my drivers are automatically on "D" drive when I got the computer. I have tried finding the driver on my "D" driver in drivers - motherboard but it isn;t there. Where can I go to download the driver and is the following information enough "sis 900 basedpc1 fast ethernet adaptor". What I can't understand is that in the past I have had to reinstall my NTL broadband through the ethernet and have had no problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…