Ethenet driver lost

Teddy Jeff 13:57 21 May 09

I have re-installed windows XP pro and found that I have lost my ethernet and sound drivers. I think I have re-installed it once before but I cant remember it happening then can anyone please help.

Teddyjeff

AndySD 14:04 21 May 09

Can you tell us the make and model of your pc

Teddy Jeff 14:14 21 May 09

No the computer was made up from a medion computer that had a mother board fault.I had a new motherboard and AMD chip and case fitted

Ted

AndySD 14:31 21 May 09

Download Sandra click here-(freeware)-download-2056.html and it should tell you your Motherboard Make/Model please tell us that.

Teddy Jeff 15:00 21 May 09

Thanks, the processor is a 2.00 Gb AMD Pentium 4 and the board:TBD K8 Combo-Z 1.00 I hope this helps

Ted

woodchip 15:02 21 May 09

go into device manager, right click the hardware properties then update driver. let it look for ms drivers on the net

birdface 15:04 21 May 09

Maybe switch your modem off at the main switch for 10 seconds and back on again.See if that works.

Teddy Jeff 15:11 21 May 09

Meny thank to everyone I tried updating the driver on line nothing was found and I have tried switching off the modem, still the same,
I was able to get a very good conection using a USB doogle I borrowe,but I still require the drivers as I only have the ethenet connection.
Ted

Stuartli 15:32 21 May 09

If you don't know which manufacturer has provided your on-board sound chipset or sound card, download SIW:

click here

and check the make and model. You can then visit the manufacturer's website for the latest drivers.

It's also worth checking in the Bios that on-board sound (if you have it) has not been Disabled and that, from Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>General tab that the sound has not been Muted and, from the Sound and Video tabs, that the sound device is listed as the Default device.

AndySD 15:51 21 May 09

Looks like its an ASRock try these driversclick here

birdface 16:33 21 May 09

You could try this its free.See what it finds.

click here it will tell you what drivers you need and if you then want to you can go to the manufacturer and download them from there.or let driver max do it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…