Eternal crashing.

1936 19:42 01 May 08

My computer keeps crashing in that when I'm using word it just crashes then opens up again.
I have been attempting to find someone to fix the fault on my computer for over a yearand none of the so called experts have managed to do it.Last month I contacted what I thought was PC World from a telephone number inYello pages but the invoice shows "Tech Guys". The first one utterd those frightening words, "are yes, I can see what it is" claiming that it was a virus and went away.
The computer imediately crashes again but fair play to them they sent another man out.
He digonosed the fault as a dogy capacitator on the Video Card saying when the top of the capcitator starts to bulge up its on its way out. He dident replace but went away saying to call him back if it crashes again.
Well, its jusr crashed again. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:51 01 May 08

Auto-reboot disable:
When Running windows and it crashes you will get a blue screen and it will automatically restart, often it will restart too fast for you to see the error message.
To disable auto restart on system failure, so you can see the error message.

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System (Windows+Pause works, too)
2. Go to Advanced
3. Under the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings...
4. Under System Failure un-check "Automatically restart"

1936 20:29 01 May 08

I'm not sure why but its already unchecked. However, when it crashes I go into Event Viewer in System it shows, "IPNATHIP EVENT 30013"

wee eddie 20:34 01 May 08

is exactly the message?

Technotiger 20:40 01 May 08

I think you probably mean IPNATHLP ... click here

VoG II 20:41 01 May 08

I think it is IPMATHLP and this message is symptomatic of a Zero Day attack "zero day" IPNATHLP

Scan with anti-virus and your other anti-malware programs.

VoG II 20:42 01 May 08
  1936 23:40 01 May 08

Having checked Event Viewer I found was wrong and when I clicked on the Event Viewer line the following came up.
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 30013
Source: ipnathlp
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: IP_AUTO_DHCP_LOG_NON_SCOPE_ADDRESS
Message: The DHCP allocator has disabled itself on IP address %1, since the IP address is outside the %2/%3 scope from which addresses are being allocated to DHCP clients. To enable the DHCP allocator on this IP address, please change the scope to include the IP address, or change the IP address to fall within the scope.

Explanation
The IP address is not within the scope of addresses allocated for Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) or Routing and Remote Access network address translation (NAT).

The most probable cause is incorrect manual configuration of the IP address.

User Action
To automatically reconfigure the IP address, disable and then re-enable either ICS or the Routing and Remote Access NAT component.

To disable and re-enable ICS

In Windows Explorer, click My Network Places.
Right-click the ICS adapter that you want to share, and then select Properties.
Click the Advanced tab.
In the Internet Connection sharing area, clear the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection box, and then click OK.
In the Network Connections window, right-click the ICS adapter, and then select Properties.
Click the Advanced tab.
Select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection box, and then click OK.
You can disable and then re-enable the Routing and Remote Access NAT component by opening Routing and Remote Access in Administrative Tools.

It then amusing stated:
"Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles available for this specific error or event message. For information about other support options you can use to find answers online, see click here."

I have not tried to follow the instructions as I'm lacking in confidence.

1936 12:55 02 May 08

Sorry to hog all the space but I have done the following:
Installed ad-aware and run it finding 131 problems which were removed.
I then checked task manager and looked at every item. The ones that I set out I looked up on the Web and I also set out what was said about them but I’m not sure where I go from here. I set out the full task manager content at the bottom.

Spoolsv.exe System 00 5,304K
spoolsv.exe Windows process - What is it?
Note: The spoolsv.exe file is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. In other cases, spoolsv.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm! ...
click here - 158k - Cached - Similar pages

Avgrssvc.exe
The process AVG Resident Shield Service belongs to the software AVG Anti-Virus system or avgrssvc.exe or AVG Resident Shield Service by GRISOFT, s.r.o (click here).
Description: avgrssvc.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 192512 bytes (90% of all occurrence), 253952 bytes, 200704 bytes.
The program has no visible window. File avgrssvc.exe is not a Windows core file. avgrssvc.exe is able to hide itself. Therefore the technical security rating is 48% dangerous.
Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as avgrssvc.exe, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the avgrssvc.exe process on your pc whether it is pest. We recommend Security Task Manager for verifying your computer's security. It is one of the Top Download Picks of 2005 of The Washington Post and PC World.

Isass.exe System 00 2,553 K
isass.exe - isass process information
Process name: Optix.Pro virus
Click here to run a free scan for .isass errors

Windows errors related to isass.exe?
isass.exe is registered as the Optix.Pro virus which carries in it's payload, the ability to disable firewalls and local security protections, and a backdoor capability.
We strongly recommend that you run a free registry scan to identify .isass related errors.

Recommendation
DISABLE AND REMOVE isass.exe IMMEDIATELY. This process is most likely a virus or trojan. It is highly recommended that you run a FREE performance scan to automatically optimize memory, CPU and Internet settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…