Estimating performance of CPU/Cooler combination.

frybluff 14:01 PM 03 Jul 12

I appreciate that, when overclocking, a decent cooler is required, to maintain stable performance. The more you overclock, the more cooling is required.

Are there any "benchmarks", or a means of estimating, the likely performance of a particular CPU / Cooler combination, or is it a question of making a sensible choice of cooler, and "see what you get"?

KRONOS the First 15:11 PM 03 Jul 12

I think the simplest way to get some idea of a cooler you are interested in cooling ability's is to Google it's name followed by review. Or post a question on a more component orientated website like Bit-Tech,there is not much that has not been tested to the limits and posted on there.

I have my i5 2500K running at 4.5Ghz and I am using Antec Kuhler H2o 920, I did quite a bit of research myself before settling on this cooler and it does what it says on the tin.

I would like at some point to go fully water cooled but have yet to dip my big toe in but I am certainly aiming to try.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites