Establishing a wireless link

AP22 16:10 17 Jun 06

I have just changed over my laptop from an HP Pavilion to a Sony VAIO VGN-SZ1XP/C (a superb machine by the way). I have a home network with a Dell PC connected by Ethernet to Broadband through a Belkin802.11G 2.4GHz wireless router. I previously had the HP laptop connected wirelessly but am finding it impossible to set a wireless link between the Sony and the Router. I can link between the Sony and the Router by Ethernet OK and get full broadband access.

I have tried every setting imaginable. I am running WinXP Prof. The Laptop has an Intel Pro/Wireless 802.11a/b/g capability.

I have tried changing the SSID; tried switching the firewall on and off; tried with and without WEP; tried without any security at all (dangerous I know); have checked the network keys are correctly aligned in both the router and the wireless properties on the laptop and have the properties set to Open authentication. Nothing, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas please?

De Marcus™ 16:14 17 Jun 06

Are you using sony's software to configure the wireless or windows?

AP22 16:15 17 Jun 06

Using Windows

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…