Eset Flags up Warning

birdface 18:00 PM 24 Nov 11
Answered

Eset Internet Security came up with a warning box.

Detected Covert channel Exploit in ICMP Packet. Remote Ip Address 77.87.180.25

When I open Eset nothing has been quarantines or anything like that it does not even mention it.

Would it be most likely the Eset Firewall stopping a program from entering.Or could it be more sinister.

gengiscant 18:21 PM 24 Nov 11
  gengiscant 18:22 PM 24 Nov 11
  birdface 18:40 PM 24 Nov 11

gengiscant I googled for that and there was nothing for me to look at.

Obviously I must have worded it wrong.

I will have a good look through that.Thanks

gengiscant 18:58 PM 24 Nov 11

It happened to me when I first Googled, but I tend to find that as fewer words as possible gets better results? In this case it was *Exploit in ICMP Packet. * that better results came up.

birdface 20:07 PM 24 Nov 11

One more question if you can help.I can stop it from running again.But what is the possibility that it is something needed.

If I stop it and find out that I need it I take it it is just a matter of enabling it again.

Firewalls I could never understand them and how to use them properly.

birdface 08:38 AM 25 Nov 11

Hi I found out it is just when I open my Poker Stars program that I get those warnings from Eset.

So going to ignore them I think. Whatever Eset is stopping does not prevent Poker Stars from working.

Any thoughts on this before I close the thread.

gengiscant 08:40 AM 25 Nov 11

Reading through the links I posted I think you can safely ignore these warnings from Eset on this occasion.

birdface 08:43 AM 25 Nov 11
Answer

gengiscant

Ok I was thinking that myself.Thanks for all of your help.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites