eScan virus protection

pejj 10:16 14 Oct 03

I am using an evaluation copy of eScan. It causes both Netscape 6.2 and Opera to take about 25 seconds to load up, but IE still loads in about 3 seconds. It also seems to grab, or prevent use of, about 80MB of my 120MB of memory. I am using W98SE, and a Dell XPS t500 pentium 3.
eScan suggested unchecking heuristic scanning and limiting compressed file downloads to 500KB. That rather seems to defeat the purpose of virus scanning. Any comments out there ?

MAJ 11:22 14 Oct 03

Use AVG click here instead, pejj, it's free for personal use, and doesn't use a lot of resources.

Pesala 11:47 14 Oct 03

AVG does the business. I use it with Opera M2 email client. Virus database updates are posted almost daily. I have AVG to check for updates automatically at 7:00 am daily. If no update is available I just see a message flash on my screen. If one is available it downloads and installs it, then restarts AVG. All it takes is two clicks.

Belatucadrus 13:15 14 Oct 03

click here avast! 4 also free to home user.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…