//some 3rd party need geo

eScan shortcut

Meshuga 22:14 04 Oct 04

After accidentally removing eScan AV I have downloaded it again but cannot get a shortcut Icon on the desktop so cannot run it when I want to. I can run it when it is first downloaded but after I exit it is then nowhere to be found. Any sugestions please. Meshuga,

stalion 22:16 04 Oct 04

where are you downloading it to it is a zip file?

woodchip 22:19 04 Oct 04

Go into Explorer, it may be in Program files, "right click the eSCAN .exe file and drag to the start button" then let go it should then make a shortcut in the startup

Meshuga 22:26 04 Oct 04

it does not give me the option of where to download it to. I click on one of the 7 links given and it just asks Do I want to run it or not. I click Run and the prog opens and I click on clean scan and it does and then tells me if anything has been found and the number of files scanned.So even if its a zip file, which it gave no indication of being, it must have opened. The original time I had downloaded it before accidentally removing it I had a shortcut. Meshuga.

stalion 22:32 04 Oct 04

something is not right then because I have never known this to open on the site,only to download

VoG II 22:34 04 Oct 04

Don't click Run. Click Save.

Meshuga 22:35 04 Oct 04

How do I find prog files in explorer. Do you mean in internet explorer because I cant find prog files there. Meshuga.

stalion 22:37 04 Oct 04

try this for downloading
click here

Meshuga 22:39 04 Oct 04

Thanks VoG will do as you suggest but will do it tomorrow as very tired and off to bed. Will post back. Meshuga.

woodchip 22:39 04 Oct 04

If you XP or 98 right click start button choose explorer look for Program Files Folder then look for the program you installed. other wise do a search for the program and drag a shortcut from the .exe file

Meshuga 22:49 04 Oct 04

decided I had to sort it out tonight. Did it as you suggested and saved it to desktop and all is now well. NOW i`m going to bed. Goodnight all. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…