escan finds virus but no action taken

boo_hiss_boo 00:45 11 Sep 04

Hi

I ran escan earlier and there were many viruses found and cleaned. Although it had been running for some time, it had not finished but crashed out offering me to send the log to MS. I rebooted my pc and am in the process of running e scan again to finish the complete scan however the only files (so far) it has found to be infected with viruses it is syaing no action taken? Why would this be?

Thanks
Boo

Cook2 00:53 11 Sep 04

This may help click here

This may help click here

This may help click here

This may help click here

boo_hiss_boo 13:35 11 Sep 04

Cook2

thanks, tried that but the scan found nothing. I have now mostly cleaned the system but seem to have these niggly things that escan is telling me are found but no action was taken the messages are as follows;

FileC:\hp\bin\terminator.exe tagged as not-a-virus: Riskware.Tool.KillApp. No Action Taken

FileC:\hp\bin\win32all-146.exe tagged as not-a-virus: Tool.win32.reboot. No Action Taken

FileC:\Program Files\LD Theory CD2003\database_updates\dao36.exe tagged as not-a-virus: Tool.win32.reboot. No Action Taken

Please can someone tell me how to get rid of these, if indeed I need to and maybe explain why escan finds them but does nothing with them?

Thanks
Boo

stalion 13:40 11 Sep 04

hey are tagged as not a virus because they are not a virus and are needed by the windows system or software applications you have on your computer

boo_hiss_boo 13:43 11 Sep 04

Thanks Stalion, What would I do without you??

:o)))

stalion 13:48 11 Sep 04

one other thing best to do a de-frag on the system after so many files that have been deleted
Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…