escan Antivirus

lulubelle 19:15 05 Sep 06

Anybody tried the escan antivirus offered in PC Advisor Magazine. It sounds pretty good, but I am worried about compatability issues. The last free antivirus I tried crashed my computer and I had to go back to a restore point to resolve it. At the moment I am using Avast, but it has a very slow scan time. I've also got Zone Alarm free, Spysweeper, and Ewido.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:24 05 Sep 06

had escan free when bought my pc was not impressed.

Avasts realtime scanner is so good you should never really have to scan that often.
Set the Avast screensaver and it will scn while you are away from the PC also will pick up from where left off if scan not completed.

lulubelle 19:27 05 Sep 06

Hi Fruit Bat,
Sorry don't know what you mean when you say "Set the Avast screensaver and it will scn while you are away from the PC"

Belatucadrus 19:35 05 Sep 06

Control panel / Display Then go to the Screensaver tab and select avast! antivirus from the screensaver selection dropdown list and OK it.
avast! will now scan the system as the screensaver runs. As Fruit Bat /\0/\ points out, it's a sequential scan that picks up where it left of if interrupted.
The default settings are OK, but if you click the settings button, you can tweak it to suit you.

lulubelle 19:51 05 Sep 06

Thanks Belatucadrus and Fruit Bat. I'll take your advice and stick with Avast. It seems very good for the money!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…