errror : cannot find program file....plse help

hezza1 08:31 14 Jul 03

i downloaded a file inadvertently from thye net then deleted it without doing the unistall. now when i boot up the machine i get the error msg " cannot find c:\programfiles\topicks\bin\Idmun.exe". any idea how i can stop this msg from appearing? my hard drive is D drive whilst C drive is a partitioned part of the hard drive where my system backup files are kept i think. any advise appreciated.

Pusherman 08:42 14 Jul 03

Is the file in the recycle bin, if so can you restore it to it's original location? If not, try re-installing the program again, this may involve down loading it again from the internet, so that it replaces the missing file. Once that's done then try to un-install it.

Pusherman.

DieSse 08:44 14 Jul 03

I can't find sny reference as to what this is, so can't actually identify the file but ...

The computer is clearly looking for this program as it starts up, so do the following.

Firstly, look in the program menus under Start Up. If you see the program name there, right-click and delete it.

If not, Go Start - Run, and type in MSCONFIG. Look in the StartUp section, and again for the program name that you are missing. Untick the entry for it.

In any of the cases, as long as you get no other hassles from it, you should not have a problem simply closing the error message.

keith-236785 08:47 14 Jul 03

it is advised that before editing your registry that you should back it up, open regedit then click file/export and save it to your hard drive

ok then,

click start

then run

in the box type regedit

press F3, in the search box type Idmun +press enter

wait while regedit scans for the entries

if it finds an entry then in the RIGHT hand pane, delete the reference to it.

press F3 again and do the same, continue until you get the "finished scanning registry" (i think thats what it says) then reboot your system.

hopefully that will sort out the message you get

please take note and always uninstall, not just delete.

good luck

hezza1 09:03 14 Jul 03

. thanks for advice. file is not in recycle bin ( i cleared that) and i don't know where i downloaded it from (grockster perhaps) so i don't know how to re down load it. any other ideas ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…