//some 3rd party need geo

errr..not quite complete..scanner drivers

Binary Ghost (the only Paul) 20:54 23 May 03

hi..iv downloaded the drivers for the scanner..but where do they go? :-S

Joe McG 20:59 23 May 03

most downloads default to the windows/temp folder.

when downloading change the target when "saving as".

iv tried that..stil not worked. any other suggestions?

mikef™ 21:41 23 May 03

I've just checked the download from the Tiny link and right clicked the download and saved to desktop, if you do this and double left click on the desktop icon it should open and load.

For the driver guide link you'll have to register with them first and you can then follow the same routine.

i did that also..but its a zip file isnt it?..do i unzip it?? thats what i was getting at..where do the files go that are in the zip?..or dont i unzip them?

leo49 22:08 23 May 03

Unzip it to a folder you create in the Windows Temp folder and make a note of the location:

eg C:\Windows\Temp\DriverXXXX

Then go to Device Manager, find the scanner click Update driver and point Windows at the location as above.

Regards

tried that and it still isnt working. it says "windows was unable to locate a driver for this device...." any other suggestions?

leo49 22:23 23 May 03

Is there a text or .pdf file in the unzipped driver folder ?- that might have a clue to installation in it.

there's a pdf file..but it starts talking about incerting the CD..but a scanner CD didnt come with the tiny computer so the drivers must be on the tiny CD. from which i installed but then said..incert the win98 CD.but that didnt have the driver on it was looking for. so thats why im trying to install them all this way.

leo49 22:40 23 May 03

All I can suggest is that you unplug and replug in the scanner and when the New Hardware wizard appears select the option to designate driver location and navigate to the driver folder again. - That's the way I've always done it.

Another possibility is to run the VizPnP.exe prior to doing the above[I've downloaded the driver from your other thread to see what's in there].

cheers leo49..il just keep playing about with it. if u have any other ideas, please let me no.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…