Errors and Warnings in event viewer

Sparkly 16:34 02 Mar 09

Hi all having a few problems lately applications hanging not shutting down properly having to use the start button to shut it off, just not a happy pc. XP Home SP3 1gig ram, 80gig (C) Drive on IDE, 320gig Sata drive, DVD RW on separate IDE and second DVD RW is slave on the IDE cable. This is a Dell 8300 about 5 years old now do you think it is beginning to show signs of old age as its logging a lot of warnings/errors would appreciate any thoughts on the below.
Event Viewer showing a whole string of Errors and Warnings is the System Section.
Type Error, Source CD Rom Event ID7 When I double click for the properties box it says,
The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.
When I go to the help and support centre I get user action is to
Explanation
The device has a bad block of memory, which Windows attempted to read. The data might be missing or corrupted.
Retry the operation. Clean the physical hard drive. Use newer media. Having done all this I am still getting the errors logged.
Type Warning, Source CD Rom Event ID51 doing the same here gets me this,
An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a paging operation.
Explanation
An input/output (I/O) request to a memory-mapped file failed and the operation was retried.

User Action
No user action is required.
Type Warning, Source Disc Event ID51 doing the same here gets me this,
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\D during a paging operation.
Explanation
An input/output (I/O) request to a memory-mapped file failed and the operation was retried.
User Action
If these events are logged regularly on a primary system drive, replace the device. Otherwise, no user action is required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…