errors on page or does not complete task

unitedman 07:46 22 Mar 11

I had to do a complete Norton AV re-install as I was having issues on my PC
I run windows XP. Now when I load some applications eg Ebay It loads up but says "Done - but with errors on the page " Also things I was able to do before are not possible eg Leave feedback . Is there something I need to do to correct this?

unitedman 08:03 22 Mar 11

Also when I use hotmail and am in my inbox the the detail of the email and subject use only one third of the page , how do I expand this please

birdface 10:01 22 Mar 11

Don't think there is anything you can do about errors on page as most are script problems.
i must have spent about 3 month trying to find and cure the problem.
I finally cured the problem by shifting from I/E to Firefox.

birdface 10:06 22 Mar 11

If your pages are still loading Ok the best thing to do is go to View and untick Status bar that way you do not see the problem every time you change pages.
Apart from that download and use Firefox.
Just to add you can use both.
I mainly use Firefox but still use I/E occasionally.

unitedman 10:36 22 Mar 11

thanks --- will try firefox

unitedman 00:09 07 Jun 11

I am unable to open a new Topic as I am getting an errorr on the page each time I have a problem loading tunes on ipod touch I am having trouble loading my ipod touch with music, My daughter charged my ipod with her applemac and when I connect with my PC nothing happens, The itunes I have loaded on my PC just sits there and doesnt download , also the re is no links or display to click to the ipod , Has my ipod been formatted to the mac and now will not talk to the PC? Can anyone please help? when i try & loadItunes v10 it says "teh system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" Can anyone help please?

birdface 08:27 07 Jun 11

You never said if you have anymore security programs on your computer except Norton.

If not download update and run the free version of Malwarebytes.it will give you the option of trying out the pro version for 2 weeks just accept.

Malwarebytes

You could also try going to command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and press enter on your keyboard,it should tell you DNS Cache has been flushed ,if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…