Errors in Outlook Express

Madpaddyman 17:15 20 Sep 08

The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D.
The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D.
I am getting these two error messages when I open Outlook Express,Can anyone give me some insructions the to fix the problem,I would be most grateful for any help as I am a beginner.

mfletch 18:18 20 Sep 08

What isp are you using {who is you Internet provider}

If it has just started it may be a problem there end so I would wait and see if everything is OK tomorrow

Still let us know who your isp is

Madpaddyman 19:17 20 Sep 08

Hiya mfletch, My ISP is Vigin Media,It started about 3 weeks ago,I put my laptop in System Recovery and it went back to how ti was when it was new(losing everything except the basic programs that was on it from new)

baldydave 19:33 20 Sep 08

Hi,
settings for virgin
incoming mail server POP3
incoming mail(pop3) pop.virgin.net
outgoing smtp smtp.virgin.net

On connection tab if on broadband
always connect with this connection /tick box
local area connection

baldydave 19:36 20 Sep 08

sorry,
To get to this open outlook express/tools at the top of page/accounts,if you have an account just go into properties,if not click add and fill boxes

Madpaddyman 09:08 21 Sep 08

Hiya baldydave,
I am still struggling with this,I do not fully understand your insructions. My account is NTL or should I say ntlworld.com as it was before virgin media.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now