Errors on Drive C

azure 23:00 15 Oct 03

I am fairly newish to computing and when I went to do a defrag the other day i got the following message: Error Defragmenting drive C .. windows cannot defragment this drive because it contains errors that first must be repaired. Click Help, carry out the instructions for repairing the errors and then try defragmenting the drive again. I did this, which was a scandiski. The scandisk found errors on my c drive and fixed them. Does this mean that I have a faulty hard drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated .... thanks. Joan

powerless 23:05 15 Oct 03

It depends what the errors were. If they are file system errors then do not worry. If they are actual physical disk errors then a litle caution is need

Windows would have sorted it out.

VoG II 23:05 15 Oct 03

If Scandisk fixed the errors then probably you do NOT have a faulty hard drive. Did Scandisk tell you what errors it fixed? Common errors are the times of the last file save, checksum errors and so on - these do not indicate hard disk errors.

woodchip 23:09 15 Oct 03

No, all it means is the files where not as they should be. There is a difference between Errors and Bad sectors

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…