errors after upgrade

I?ve just upgraded to IE6, but now when I start outlook express it comes up with an error saying it can?t connect to my ISP. It appears to be trying to check for mail before being signed on. If however I manually connect to my ISP then start OE it works fine. Any one tell me what I've forgot to change?

DieSse 14:00 20 Jul 03

Go to Tools - Options - Connection. Click on the connection you use, and make sure there's a tck in the box "Always Dial My Default Connection"

Hi, thanks for the reply DieSse. Yes, it is ticked, and my ISP is the default. Seems that OE wants to check for mail before looking for the ISP.

DieSse 14:12 20 Jul 03

Start OE and untick the box. Close down OE and restart it. Retick the box. Close down OE and restart it again - does it work now.

Has been know to cure such a problem.

I can't untick it, I could select "never dial a connection," although IE6 seems to be working. If I start IE6 first and log on it works fine, then if I select OE it too starts up and checks for mail, no problems.

If however I try to log on through OE first it refuses to dial my ISP and giives me an error message.

For anyone else who has tried installing IE6 and Outlook Express using POP3, click here;EN-US;oex

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…