ErrorLog entry query

Boluwd 00:09 23 Feb 04

The error log in my XPhome PC (Advanced System Info) has two entries several times each day.
Firstly,
Source: DCOM: Description: DCOM got error"%1058" attempting to start the service upnphost with arguments "in order to run the server{204810.......XXXXX}

Secondly,
Source:ipnathlp Description: The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to request an operation of the Kernel-mode translation module. This may indicate misconfiguration, insufficient resources, or an internal error. The data is the error code.

What do these errors mean and why am I getting them daily?

On the first one, I do have Gibson Research's Unplug N Pray installed. Is that relevant?

powerless 00:15 23 Feb 04

Firstly: It could be, you disabled it?

Secondly: click here

Boluwd 00:27 23 Feb 04

Yes I have disabled Universal Plug and Play using the GRC tool, so it probably refers to that.

The second query, your link refers to a Windows 2000 knowledgebase answer. I have XP Home.....and to be honest I haven't a clue what it was all about. My XP Home Pc is linked via a crossover cable to a Win 98SE PC upstairs. The LAN was set up using the ICSwizard on the XP PC which acts as the gateway for internet connection for the Win 98 PC. There are no routers. The modem is an USB Alcatel Speedtouch plugged into the XP PC.

I'm still in the dark about the second error!

Boluwd 12:30 23 Feb 04

Bump^

Boluwd 00:07 24 Feb 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…