error1402

Cesare 09:57 01 Jan 08

I have been struggling to find ways to install my HP software for Scanner psc1350 but when the installation reaches 51% I get this: Fatal error 1402. MSI.aiosw. Unable to open file...make sure you have Administrator priviligies (not the exact words) HP support suggest I dig and correct the Registry but I am scared to do so. Tried Google and some software says they can correct this error 1402 but I have to register. Do you think that Registry Mechanic 7 is a good choice if I decide to buy one please ?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:00 01 Jan 08

click here should help..do NOT buy any software that purports to fix errors.

G

Cesare 10:13 01 Jan 08

Thanks Will try it and get back to you.

Cesare 12:47 01 Jan 08

I did not succeed after several efforts. To instal the patch, it asks for the HP disk to be installed and the list does not include PSC 1350.
Do you mean that no software really fixes any errors please ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:16 01 Jan 08

Do you mean that no software really fixes any errors please ?

Not this sort of error.

Some software will fix errors by inserting the correct entries in the registry but you can get all f these fixes free from MS or other reputable sites

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:18 01 Jan 08

Solution one
This problem may be caused by a dirty software CD. Verify that the underside of the CD is clean and free from fingerprints. If the CD is dirty, clean it with a lint-free cloth lightly dampened with isopropyl alcohol or CD/DVD disk cleaning solution and then try to install the software again.

Solution two: For Windows XP only
If you are not using Windows XP, go to Solution three below. If you are using Windows XP, the steps below may resolve the problem:

1.Click Start and then click Run.
2.In the Open box, type in msconfig.
3.Click OK. The System Configuration Utility will appear.
4.Select the BOOT.INI tab and then click Advanced Options.
5.In the BOOT.INI Advanced Options, select the /MAXMEM= check box. The amount of RAM that is installed on the computer and being reported to Windows will appear in the box to the right. Change the setting to 256 (or lower if the computer has less then 256 mb of RAM).
6.Click OK to close the BOOT.INI Advanced Options.
7.Click Apply and then click OK to save the changes and exit from the System Configuration Utility. Click Restart when prompted to restart the computer.
8.Install the software. The problem should be corrected.
*If the problem is corrected and the software installs correctly, repeat steps 1 - 6 to remove the check from /MAXMEM.
*If the problem is not corrected and the error returns, repeat steps 1 - 6 to remove the check from /MAXMEM and then proceed to Solution 3 below.

Solution three
If the problem still exists, copy the software from the software CD-ROM to the computer hard drive and run the installation from the setup file on the hard drive. This will temporarily require twice the normal amount of disk space to install the software. Follow the steps below to correct the problem:

1.Click Cancel to exit from the software installation.
2.Double-click My Computer (click Start first in Microsoft Windows XP).
3.Right-click the CD-ROM drive letter that contains the software CD, and then click Open.
4.Click Edit and then click Select All.
5.Click Edit and then click Copy.
6.Close all open windows.
7.Right-click an empty portion of the Windows Desktop, click New, and then click Folder.
8.Type in a name for the folder such as HP AIO or HP Photosmart.
9.Double-click the new folder to open.
10.Right-click inside the new folder, and then click Paste. The contents of the CD-ROM will copied into the new folder.
11.Open the copied folder and then double-click the file Setup.exe to begin the installation. The software should now install without the error. Contact HP for assistance if further problems occur during the installation.
12.After the installation is complete and you have verified that the printer is operating correctly, delete the folder created in Step 8 to reclaim the space on the hard drive.

If that doesn't work, look here:click here

Cesare 07:29 02 Jan 08

Sorry for not replying before but I spend all morning New Year's Day on this error and I finally switched off disappointed. This is what HP support recommended. click here

I have now settled with downloading and installing this driver from HP drv_gc_wo1 ENU.exe and this way I am using my HP psc 1350 Scanner All-in-one thru the Windows Assessories/Scanner & Camera Wizard, which is all I need.
Thanks for yr great help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant