Error with Windows 98-internet explorer

sofieh 00:35 04 Jan 04

Hello,

We had been using Windows ME, but while using our adsl internet connection with internet explorer we kept getting .dll errors and internet explorer would close.

We reformatted the hard drive and re-installed Windows 98 thinking that this would take care of the problem. But now while on internet explorer we are getting message Microsoft Error sorry for the inconvenience, explorer will now close. And it asks if we want to send this error to Microsoft to let them know.

What should I do? Go back to ME. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you,

VoG II 00:42 04 Jan 04

A fairly forlorn hope (considering what you've already done) is a repair click here

sofieh 02:53 04 Jan 04

Hi Vog,

Thanks for responding to my post and for the link. I followed the steps and it's still giving me the same problem when I'm using Internet Explorer.

Should I try using Mozilla? or another browser? Should I try reformatting my hard drive again????

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

beeuuem 03:20 04 Jan 04

You don't say which version of IE you are running.Have you applied the Win98 updates, a number of which are to fix problems with IE?

sofieh 18:35 04 Jan 04

Thanks for your response. We are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1 and internet tools. We have applied the updates but are still experiencing the same problems. Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…