Error on start-up

skell 20:48 24 Jan 05

Hello i get the following error when windows starts up.. ooooooo oooooooo unable to locate registry key plz delete if it exists.

can anyone tell me why this is happened and how to stop it from occuring again. many thanks

Technotiger 21:57 24 Jan 05

Hi, what OS are you using?
If XP or ME perhaps a System Restore back to a date before this happened might do the trick.

Cheers.

skell 22:29 24 Jan 05

xp.. tried system restore but still no luck.

in msconfig i get 2 entries at the bottom refering to
00000 000000 HKCU\SOFTWARE\microsoft\windows NT\current version

Technotiger 22:41 24 Jan 05

Me again, I believe now that you have a virus. I suggest running any AV progam you might have and also Ad-Aware from click here

Cheers.

skell 22:54 24 Jan 05

I have run various AV programes and im clear. Although saying that i did have a DLoader-cc on my system but its quarantined now.

Technotiger 23:18 24 Jan 05

Hi, the thing is, is everything ok now?

skell 23:20 24 Jan 05

Mon Jan 24 23:10:38 2005 => ERROR!!! Invalid Entry load = ??? ??? ??? ? ? ????? (in key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows). Removing it.
Mon Jan 24 23:10:38 2005 => ERROR!!! Invalid Entry run = ??? ??? ??? ? ? ????? (in key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows). Removing it.

This is what i had on a scan can you make any sense from it?
oh not sorted no.

skell 23:30 24 Jan 05

Technotiger

Well would you believe it, cant remember the damn programe, microworld i think, but the scan i have just posted has cured the problem :) I no longer have the enties in msconfig and no error on start-up. fingers crossed im sorted. Thx

Technotiger 23:34 24 Jan 05

Sorry my friend, I am no wiser than you at this point. I am only what I would call - an experienced novice. But I like to help where I can. In this instance I think you need someone like VoG or similar to sort this one. Hang on in there, don't do anything rash - I am sure those with the knowledge will come to your assistance before too long.

Good luck.
Cheers.

Technotiger 12:14 25 Jan 05

Great, hope it is still all ok today.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…