error on start up

st.sernin 13:19 19 Sep 03

Please help!
When i start up my comp.always does a disc check and when i finally get started I get this message.
win mgmt.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows you will need to restart program.Does anybody know what this program is and what i can do to resolve problem

SantasLittleHelper 13:45 19 Sep 03

Suggest you try "Start" on the taskbar, then "Run", then type "msconfig" without the quotes, a dialogue box with a number of tabs at the top will appear. Click on the tab named "start up" and look for the program in the available list, if you can find it, remove the tick from alongside it, this should stop it starting when you boot up. Also look in the add\remove programs list in control panel, and if it is there try removing it. Sorry can't help you as to what the program is, but I am pretty sure it is not a windows program,(though I could be wrong)

alcudia 13:53 19 Sep 03

winmgmt is a vital part of Windows that handles many running processes. It should not be messed with.
I will try and find out a bit more about this error.

alcudia 13:54 19 Sep 03

More info click here

alcudia 13:59 19 Sep 03

What version of Windows do you have, and does it always appear to shut down correctly.

st.sernin 15:47 19 Sep 03

my version of windows is 2000 prof.It does always shut down properly

alcudia 10:29 22 Sep 03

Sorry, but I havn't been able to come up with anything, except the obvious: your copy of winmgmt is corrupt.

It may prove difficult to replace because Windows is bound to be using it.

If you are interesed it resides in C:\Windows\System32\Wbem

I assume your system works normally after this message, in which case it could be something in StartUp that is causing it. it might be worth having a look there.

Otherwise all I can suggest is a re-installation of Windows.

Hopefully someone more familiar with this file will read this and help out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…